|"Dog Day After New Year"|
|Season 6, Episode 10|
|Air date||January 11, 2000|
|Written by||Julia Dahl & Tom Garrigus|
|Directed by||Keith Samples|
Ties That Bind
Fear and Loathing
Bailey goes to a wedding with Holly and all her relatives think they're married. Julia's new editor hasn't answered her about her book, so she tries to find her and not just sit and wait. When she finds her, she tells Julia that another book with the same story of hers has been published, so her book won't be published anymore. Thurber, the family bulldog, is sick. Claudia takes him to the veterinary. Charlie and Kirsten are in a double date with Daphne. Charlie quits his job after his boss says 'no' to his projects, but when they talk, he gets back. Bailey and Claudia decide to put Thurber to sleep due to his old age and ill health, and the whole family spread his ashes in the park, saying goodbye for the last time to the long-time friend.
- Scott Wolf as Bailey Salinger
- Matthew Fox as Charlie Salinger
- Neve Campbell as Julia Salinger
- Lacey Chabert as Claudia Salinger
- Paula Devicq as Kirsten Bennett
- Scott Grimes as Will McCorkle
- Jennifer Love Hewitt as Sarah Reeves
- This is the first episode of the new millennium (being the 2000s). After this, there were no more episodes that aired in the 1990s.